VITAL TRUTHS ABOUT PRAYER
Date: 9th January 2020
Preacher: Pastor Vincent Arifalo
MESSAGE TEXT: Heb 12:1-2, Luke 3:21, Luke 5:16, Luke 6:12, Luke 9:28, Luke 22:44, Luke 18:1
1. Prayer is fellowship
- Matt 6:5-7
- 1 Thes 5:17
- If your prayer life is based on just prayer points you will soon stop praying
- If your prayer life is based on needs, you will soon stop praying.
2. Prayer is an instruction
- Pray without ceasing Pray when you are angry, you will calm down.
- Prayer doesn’t change God, it changes you.
- We become transformed in the place of prayer.
- The most important thing about prayer is that prayer changes you.
- Prayer prevents poor performance
- Matthew 26:36-40
- 1 Timothy:1:18
- Romans 15:30
- Teaching without prayer makes you a lecturer.
- Prayer is not something that prepares you for ministry, prayer is ministry.
- Prayer is where battles are won and lost.
- We don’t follow men because of their results, we follow men because of their labour.
3. Prayer does not take out of you, it makes deposits inside of you.
- Romans 8:26
- Do not shove off the Groaning in your spirit man.
- Hebrews 5:7